[mythtv-users] Comcast Set-Top Box and OSD

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:32:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Jeff Clark <jeff at vacantcanvas.com> wrote:
> Comcast in Boston makes you use their box since all the channels are
>  digital, which means that I definitely have to use a set-top box to
>  control my channels (right?).
>
>  I'm curious though: when I hook my Mythbox up to my set-top box and
>  change the channel to start a recording or whatever, won't the OSD
>  from the Motorola box be recorded onto the Mythbox recording?  Is
>  there any way around this?

Welcome to Boston Comcast...
You can always use firewire, you'll get everything but the premium
(read:movie) channels that way.
RCN apparently has no 5C enabled for any channels. I'm looking into
this as it will probably get me to switch ASAP. (and save $15/mo too
apparently)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!