[mythtv-users] Native MythTV support added to XBMC

Skitals hondacrxsi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:07:19 UTC 2008

I didn't find any threads about this so I thought some might be interested.
Native MythTV support has been added to XBMC recently (I believe the last
few weeks). You can currently watch and delete recordings, and watch and
record livetv. There is no epg, commskip, or any other advanced feature yet.
But it's dead simple to setup and use. Simply add new new Video source with
the path:

myth://dbusername:dbpassword@192.168.1.1

dbusername and dbpassword are of course the username and password for your
mythtv database, and the ip is the ip of your backend.

The latest T3CH XBMC svn build has this myth support working. You can
download it here: http://t3ch.yi.se/

It currently doesn't completely replace the need for a frontend, but for
those of us that use our Xbox for just casual watching, its an interesting
alternative.