[mythtv-users] URGENT: No TV shows after 0.21 upgrade :-(

warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Mar 27 13:21:35 UTC 2008

> Looks to me like your database didn't get updated. Did you restart
> mythbackend, or has it been running all along?

thx for quick answer !

-I stopped backend before upgrade.
-Made upgrade
-restart system

Currently I believe it is bug in schema upgrade code - as upgrade was form 0.20.2 db (no SVN) where db tables schemes are well known. It is theoretically possible that my DB had wrong schema version for recorded table - but I don't believe that.
BTW: similar problem (no recordings listed) I had when I simulate upgrade in virtual environment based on vanilla r5f27. I'm not sure what was root cause - but effect was exactly the same.

Generally I foreseen 2 solutions:

-change recorded table schema ver back to 0.20.2 and let myth upgrade code to do schema upgrade (it will work if upgrade code is OK)

-manually add colon "watched".

For second I don't know what field type is should have (int or short int or bool or...)

I'll be very glad If You can help me with finding:
-recorded table schema version for 0.20.2
-recorded table schema. version for 0.21
-recorded table structure def.

I believe for second solution I should issue:

alter table recorded add column watched [var type];

where [var type] is field type presently unknown for me.

Is this OK ?