[mythtv-users] Commflagging in the UK?

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Mar 27 11:43:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:18:41AM +0000, Steve Smith wrote:
> Thanks Andy,
> One option that commflag doesn't provide is pretty UK specific...
> that's the little black & white square in the top right 30secs before
> an ad break.
> I can't remember, is this still in use on ITV and C4?
> If it is still there it'd be pretty flawless for "terrestrial" channels.

As mentioned by Bryan, I suspect that the box is just used to sync up
regional adverts on Live TV, using it as a commercial detection method
would probably be a waste of time, but for auto extending the recording
of Live events it could be handy, but thats for another thread.

If the silence detection doesn't work i'm gonna have a poke around with
the MPEG stream to see if theres any obvious signs that a ad break has
started. Dunno what it'll acheive but I guess it's good to start
somewhere :)

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/