[mythtv-users] Commflagging in the UK?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:31:15 UTC 2008

On 27/03/2008, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or anywhere non-US for that matter...
>
>  All this talk of commflagging has inspired me to look at commflagging
>  which I've never
>  really had any success with in the past so..
>
>  Anyone had any luck with commflagging in the UK? What options/tuning
>  did you use?

I never had any consistent joy commercial flagging in the UK - and I
tried just about every option. I do believe however that it's doable -
it just needs someone to get stuck into some 'heuristic' detection
(i.e. a little more flexible and adaptable). The heuristic approach
has been discussed before on one of the mailing lists.

When I moved to Singapore before Christmas and set up my boxes from
scratch again, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that commercial
flagging was enabled by default (I wouldn't have bothered trying it
again) and that it works pretty much flawlessly on both the local
dvb-t and cable (via pvr-250) transmissions. Probably not much help to
you - but hopefully some encouragement; when it works it's a fantastic
feature.

Regards

Mark