[mythtv-users] MBE/SBE interaction

pinthenet at payne.ch pinthenet at payne.ch
Thu Mar 27 08:47:45 UTC 2008

I'm setting up a network with one FE/MBE with DVB-T tuner and an SBE
with 2 PVR150s. At the moment I'm concentrating on getting the FE/MBE
working, although the SBE has been started and is registered with the
MBE.

LiveTV works fine on he FE/MBE and it records what I'm watching, but
when I try to schedule recordings I find that the recordings won't
start unless the SBE is running. If it's not I get a status something
like 'backend not active' until I start the SBE. Also, when a
recording should start I find error messages in the SBE backend log
and no messages in the MBE log, even though I forced the recording
onto the DVB-T tuner on the MBE

It's almost as though the SBE thinks it's an MBE & vice versa

?
John