[mythtv-users] Frontend will only play recordings once!

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:12:13 UTC 2008

> I'm having the same problem when using opengl
>
> ubuntu gutsy
> mythtv 0.21
> nvidia driver 169.12
> recordings are usualli PAL (720x576)

All,

Sorry - hadn't spotted this thread before.

The issue here is the 169.xx series of nvidia drivers (and possibly
the newer beta driver as well). I've spent a considerable amount of
time trying to find a workaround for the issue but have currently
parked it until there is a new stable driver series (as I'm 99% sure
it's a driver bug). If the 'bug' persists I'll dig some more.

Until then either install an older driver for opengl rendering or switch to xv.

Regards

Mark