[mythtv-users] Final setup questions

Darryl Hirschler Darryl.Hirschler at practiceworks.com
Wed Mar 26 21:45:57 UTC 2008

You misunderstood me.  I didn't mean that progressive sources need to be
deinterlaced.  But inverse telecine can help a lot if you have a
progressive display that supports the framerate 23.976.  Inversing the
3:2 pulldown pattern restores the progressive frames without blending,
bobbing, doubling, or throwing away data.  It just restores it to its
original progressive frame and framerate... well, 23.976 fps is close
enough to 24fps.  I suppose 24fps would be best, but then you'd have to
adjust the audio too.

Darryl