[mythtv-users] DVB-S Tuner Advice

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:55:12 UTC 2008

Hi all.

I am looking to upgrade my Myth TV Backend by adding another tuner. At
present I have two DVB-T tuners however I am going to be investing in
a Satellite Dish so I can get the Free To Air DVB-S channels. I am in
the UK and can only get some of the Freeview Channels and would like
to get BBC HD and ITV HD when it relaunches. With Freesat starting
soon I imagine there will be other Free to Air DVB-S channels soon as
well, although I would be happy just to get the BBC channels more
reliably.

So my question is does anyone have any recommendations for good DVB-S
tuner use with MythTV. Ideally I would prefer it be USB 2.0 based as I
am running low on spare PCI slots in the backend box (although there
is 1 free). I ideally it would also be a dual tuner as I am planning
on using at least a dual LNB on the satellite dish.

So does anyone have any suggestions.

Charlie M