[mythtv-users] mce_usb2

Darryl Hirschler Darryl.Hirschler at practiceworks.com
Wed Mar 26 14:14:34 UTC 2008

FWIW, I just setup my Hauppauge remote last night.  It looks exactly
like this:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Image:MCE-Remote-2-v1069.jpg

I followed a guide I found on the web.  I saved the URL, but it is at
home currently.  But I can give some info from memory.  It used the
mceusb2 configuration files.  I don't know if it was necessary, but I
believe I had to compile Lirc.  And the guide had two bad links which
forced me to find two key files elsewhere on the web.

Here is one of the guides I followed.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_lirc_install

These two links did not work.

http://download.efficientpc.co.uk/files/lircd.conf.mceusb
http://download.efficientpc.co.uk/files/lircrc

But google searching for 'lircd.conf.mceusb' and 'lircrc' turned up the
right files.  I did have to make modifications to the lircrc file I
downloaded.  For instance, 'ChanUp' was called 'chan+'.  I also remapped
some of the buttons to better suit my preferences.

Darryl