[mythtv-users] Cable box always on

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Mar 25 23:05:40 UTC 2008

Hello all. I'm using a channel changer script with an ir blaster to change
my cable box channels for recordings. I'm sure a lot of myth people do this.

So does everyone just leave the cable box on all the time? Or is there
something that can be done to turn it on and off automatically in myth (or
by an external script)?

I just found a couple of all black recordings...the cable box was turned off
for some reason. Not sure if it just went off by itself, or if someone
turned it off accidently, but it was off.

What do you guys do?
-Thanks
-Steve