[mythtv-users] Foiled by lirc - yet again

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 23:04:19 UTC 2008

On 25/03/2008, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Does anyone how I get it detected as a "normal" remote control so I
>  can create a lircd.conf file? I'm concerned that if I just leave it
>  detected as a keyboard then I won't be able to use all of the buttons
>  (such as REW, FWD, PLAY, RECORD, Guide etc).

I have no direct experience with this remote. However, if the remote
is being autodetected as an input device, you probably want (if not
already) to start irrecord and then lircd using the
'--driver=/dev/input' option and specify the correct device
(/dev/input/eventX).

Good luck too if you decide to try and configure it as a regular
keyboard - not sure if all of the remote's keys will be received
directly though.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: