[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging on a sample basis

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:12:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:32 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > You can set a limit on how long commercial breaks are when skipping.  I
> have
> > mine set to 5 minutes, if the commercial break is longer it doesn't skip
> and
> > displays how long the break is.  If I still want to skip I can press the
> > button again.
> >
> > Unfortunately this only seems to work when you are manually skipping, if
> you
> > set it to autoskip it ignores this and skips anyway.
> >

> I need that for transcoding so I can run mytharchive without loosing
> part of the show..

You probably shouldn't transcode without manually creating a cut list.
Commercial flagging is pretty good, but not perfect, I don't think it ever
could be, one of those things that requires a human eye.

Fortunately you can load the commercial flagging cuts into the editor and
most of the editing is just moving the cut points slightly.  Usually takes
me only a few minutes to setup a cut list.