[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging on a sample basis

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:23:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >  Commercial skip profiles that could be applied as part of the
> >  recording schedule would be a great thing to have in my opinion.
> >
> I would also like to see some commercial break limits on a global
> basis that possibly can be overrided on a per show basis. I see MythTV
> flag a 5 minute commercial break 2 times per week while recording my
> girlfriends favorite show and I have to remember to check the cut
> points every time.

You can set a limit on how long commercial breaks are when skipping.  I have
mine set to 5 minutes, if the commercial break is longer it doesn't skip and
displays how long the break is.  If I still want to skip I can press the
button again.

Unfortunately this only seems to work when you are manually skipping, if you
set it to autoskip it ignores this and skips anyway.