[mythtv-users] MythTV on Debian etch

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:35:56 UTC 2008

> Those ".0" numbers are debian package versions, and they don't necessarily
> all align.  Using the etch packages from debian-multimedia worked for me
> (aside from the DVD issue I'm having that I mentioned elsewhere.)
>
> Take care,
>  Dale

Thanks.  I understand there difference in the package versions, what I don't
understand is how to get the repositories set so that all the package
versions I need are available.  I enabled the multimedia repository, and
otherwise, I'm running with whatever repositories are set by default.

On my system, it seems that a mix of .20.2 packages, and .21 are present.
Of the .21 packages, some are .21-04etch, .21-05etch and .21-06etch.
Specifically, I was able to intsall myth-common .21-06etch, and all
associated packages, but the only frontend available is mythtv-frontend
.21-05etch (I'm paraphrasing the names of the packages, but I think I'm
pretty close).  So I've got all the parts I need in place, except for the
means to access it.

Someone else advised me (off list) to install the all encompassing mythtv
metapackage, and he said that worked for him; he just had to turn off the
backend use it as a frontend only.  I tried the same, just to humor him, but
of course it fails when it tries to install the frontned (since the "mythtv"
package is just a metapackage made up of the individual packages).

So Dale; could you be so kind as to post your repositoriy list for me to
compare with mine?