[mythtv-users] Foiled by lirc - yet again

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:56:55 UTC 2008

> That's because "M" brings up the menu, which won't really do anything
>  from the main Myth menu.  Are you running 0.21?  Have you installed
>  MythControls?  If you have, you can go to MythWeb and update the
>  keymapping for your system.  Looks like it'll be a little bit of work,
>  but it would be worth it.

But the problem is that pressing "m" on trhe keyboard brings up the
menu on the Watch Recordings screen, but pressing "Music" on the
remote (which is also supposed to be mapped to "m") doesn't. So there
must be something fundamentally wrong here, isn't there?

xev says that the "Music" button sends "m" so how come MythTV doesn't
respond in the same way as when I press "m" on the keyboard? Until I
understand and fix this, there isn't any point doing kepmapping is
there?

Regards,
Phill