[mythtv-users] Missing premiere channels

Gregor Fuis gujs.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:22:28 UTC 2008

Christopher Brüning wrote:
> Are you sure that "scan encrypted channels" is checked?
> There is an option where you can say mythtv that he don't scan encrypted
> channels
>
> Am Montag, den 24.03.2008, 00:28 +0100 schrieb Gujs:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just installed mythtv 0.21 from mythbuntu repository. I have astra
>> 19.2E and hotbird 13.0E. I scanned astra and have missing some premiere
>> direct and premiere sport channels. I have Premiere sport portal and one
>> premiere direct channel where the info about movies runs. I tried to
>> scan those transponders alone and mythtv finds just the other channels
>> on that transponder.
>>
>> Does mythtv handle premiere direct PPV channels? Do I have to insert
>> them by myself somehow?
>>
>> Please help me solve this thing!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Gregor

Yes I have unchecked Free to air channels only option. Interesting thing
is that I have almost all Premiere channels. I just don't have these
Pay-Per-View channels. I also have Premiere Sport portal, the one with
info on which PPV channel is specific sport, but not the channels where
actual sport is on. The same is for Premiere Direct channel. I have one
with info, but not other channels with actual movies. I think mythtv
scanner doesn't want to add them because the appear different than
normal TV channel in the stream! I think they are like data stream, but
i am not sure of that!

Thanks for help!
Gregor Fuis