[mythtv-users] Am I on crack

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 11:26:25 UTC 2008

Skitals wrote:
> I didn't read the entire thread because I got tired of all the bickering,
> but I do agree you should be able to keep LiveTV going while you do
> something else on the frontend. If I recall correctly Windows MCE does this
> more or less by keeping the live tv window in a picture in picture box if
> you back out to the main menu while watching tv. It's no different than
> keeping the stream going in a pip when you enter the program guide. Seem
> kind of silly you cant do the same when you want to check the weather, read
> rss feeds, or do whatever else.

Just to expand this, I've often thought that while watching recorded
programs and mythvideo videos (with Internal player). It would be great
if a button press could let you get to the menus while keeping the
video/audio running (maybe as a small box, or semi-transparent in the
background). I often want to schedule recordings or do other maintenance
work while playing back another recording.

I think this would take a lot of programming work, though.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T