[mythtv-users] New mythtv user -- how to get rid of folder thumbnails in Mythgallery?

Marcus Bryner marcus at docbryner.com
Tue Mar 25 05:17:03 UTC 2008

 Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this group.   After using Linux for >10 years and SCO
Xenix and other Unix's before, how could I not build a PVR Linux box?!  :)
Everything went smooth on the install,  using Kubuntu (7.10) for
server/desktop and installing Mythtv on top of that (0.20).   Linux really
has started to make strides in user friendliness when I do a fresh install,
get a LAMP server running w/ my previous databases and websites, install all
my old desktop software, and get mythtv running in only 2 evenings of free
time.   After using Mandriva for years and just switching to Ubuntu a couple
days ago, apt packaging really rocks!   No more stupid dependency errors.
Do you realize how many hours I've spent trying to find dependencies in the
past!!!!!  (Shameless plug for apt.)

QUESTION: Is there a quick way to make the thumbnails for subdirectories just
have text (i.e. the real subdirectory name) instead of a pic from the
directory?   It's very difficult to navigate when folders appear exactly the
same as images.  Does anyone have a hack aready written if this isn't an
option somewhere?

Also, when I had some movies from my camera (.avi's) in a directory on
Mythgallery, mythtv suddenly started taking frame-by-frame .png's of the
first movie and completely filled up my root filesystem by saving all
the .png's in /tmp/mythgallery.   It's a bug I haven't fully researched yet,
but if anyone knows what's wrong, please enlighten me!   :)   Thanks in
advance.

Marcus Bryner