[mythtv-users] transcoder looses subtitles - a bug or a feature?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 25 02:42:53 UTC 2008

On 03/24/2008 03:27 PM, ikke wrote:
> I have had this problem for years, I think. But now it happened again
> on a show I keep recording, so I could do investigations on it if
> someone helped me...
>
> The show is received as DVB-C broadcast with swedish spoken language,
> and finnish subtitles. I can see it with no problems. I marked
> commercials and made a default transcode to cut and shrink it a bit.
>
> This leaves me with the picture and sound just fine, but no subtitles.
> This happens often, if not always. I would say always, but I can't
> prove it...
>
> Why is this?

Deja vu.  As a matter of fact, a thread whose subject ( Transcode loses
subtitles ) is almost exactly the same as the one you chose explains it
clearly.  This typically indicates that someone hasn't yet found the
searchable archives:  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/ .

See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/251990#251990 and
the entire thread.  Especially, see the two posts to which I linked in
mine:  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/231851#231851
and http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/231852#231852 .

> Should I issue a bug report?

/Definitely/ not.