[mythtv-users] Reconciling schedule conflicts between Comcast DCH-3200 unencrypted firewire and s-video

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 25 00:04:30 UTC 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Joel Goldwein wrote:

>> You need to setup Input Groups and assign the two different inputs to
>> the same input group so Myth knows they refer to the same source and
>> not to use them at the same time.
>

> OK, make sense - thanks!
>
> Now, how do I avoid having to create another Schedules Direct listing
> for the s-video output that is the opposite (in terms of enabled and
> disable channels) of the listings I am using for the firewire
> output?

Add all the channels you can get to your schedulesdirect lineup, load
the lineup into two separate video sources, then delete all the
firewire channels from one source and all the s-video channels from
the other source and assign the appropriate video source to the
appropriate tuner.

At least, that's how I do it. I have a HDHomeRun which has 2 inputs on
it. I have one antenna pointing towards some stations and the other
antenna pointing towards the rest of them so I get all stations
between the two tuners.

-Brad