[mythtv-users] Can't get nividia-graphics 169.12 to load

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:12:42 UTC 2008

Looks like 'yum', or whatever package manager you used to do the install,
put in the i586 version of the kmdl, instead of the i686 version.  I've
actually run into this myself a couple of times.  Remove the kmdl (I'd
suggest the 'rpm -e --nodeps' command).  Then re-install it with yum.  Make
sure it picks up the right kernel version.

Also, as I previously suggested, make sure you have the
nvidia-graphics-helpers package.  Once you get the right kernel module
installed run 'nviida-graphics-switch 169.12'

HTH