[mythtv-users] pcHD5500 and 0.21

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Mar 24 04:56:01 UTC 2008

> OK, so I'm going thru the setup in 0.21 right now, and I'm trying to
> setup my pcHDTV 5500 card.  I currently have it set as a DVB Input card
> and I've noticed that I can't set the "Analog options" any more.  I used
> to be able to do this in 0.20 (svn from 11/19/07).  I need to do this to
> allow access to my basic channels (2 -> 99).
>
> Am I missing something?  Should I set up this card as something else?  I
> did see an Analog V4L card option, but I don't think I can setup 2
> seperate cards for this.  Or can I?

Hi -

I have two of these in my Myth box under 0.21.  I was initially taken
aback by this change also, but now have both of them working.

Set up the DVB portion first.  I have the "open card on demand" option
checked, as this prevented some problems in the past, but I'm not sure
whether you need it enabled to get the analog portions set up.  After you
have the DVB portion set up, choose the Analog portion as a separate
capture card (the "Analog" option should see it as a pcHDTV 5500).  You
should be good to go at that point.  They will be seen by Myth as two
separate inputs, and you will of course assign a video source to each.
You DON'T need to assign either one to an Input Group.

HTH
Bob