[mythtv-users] DISH Technician

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 02:15:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I made sure to emphasize to the DISH fellow that I am a paying
> customer, and that Myth users are generally the sort of customer that
> they want: They don't bother customer service needlessly and may even
> subscribe to more services than the average user.
>
> Never pass up an opportunity to help the Myth community be viewed as
> the good guys.
>
> beww
>  <http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users>

Glad it works for some people. Ever since I went HD about 8 months ago it's
been nothing but one miserable failure and disappointment after another. Not
to be the grumbly old man but Myth for me is essentially a failure -
Firewire has never worked correctly, my $140 HDHomerun works fine in Windows
but bombs in Myth, and I'm left with a pile of computer equipment uglifying
my entertainment center since it has always been in some state of flux. If I
can't get firewire working the upcoming Hauppauge HD device will be the last
chance before I give up and look into some other solution.