[mythtv-users] MythWeather missing screens

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Mon Mar 24 01:52:20 UTC 2008

>>>        I have put a screen capture at
>>> http://www.goodeid.com/mythweather.png that shows all that I see on the
>>> settings page.
>>>
>>> Chuck
>> Chuck - I know exactly what you're talking about
>>

> 	I was hoping that your cure would work for me. No luck.
>
> 	On a test machine I did a fresh format and install of Mandriva 2008.0
> followed by compiling and installing MythTV (0.21 release) but after setup
> the same empty config screen shows up when I try to setup or enter
> MythWeather. There are still no error messages and everything else seems to
> function correctly.
>
> 	Looks like I may have to add lots of debug messages to mythweather code and
> try to find where it is failing.
>
> Chuck

I had that problem too, but all I had to do to get it to work was
install the required perl modules.

The page here shows all the mods:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeather

at a command prompt type:

cpan

Then answer all its questions (if you've never set it up before).

Then at the cpan> prompt just type:

install Image::Size

etc, for all the packages.  Some you'll already have, others not.

you can check the scripts from the commandline:

cd /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/us_nws/
perl -c maps.pl
maps.pl syntax OK

-Andy