[mythtv-users] Database setup

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 23 00:05:58 UTC 2008

Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> Harry Devine wrote:
>
>> Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!

>>> I could be wrong but I suggest you look at
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Initial_Installation
>>>

>>> in the "Setup mysql database mythconverg" section, especially the
>>> mysqladmin line...
>>>
>>> Good luck!
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>

>> OK, I'm trying that now, and I can't dump the current database to
>> recreate it.  It gives me the same error about root at localhost not
>> being able to access the database.  If I can remove the DB and start
>> over, I think those instructions you sent above will work fine.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Harry
>>

> After doing that did you do
>
> "mysql -u root"
>
> or
>
> "mysql -u root -p"
>
> (it will prompt for the password you provided earlier)
>
> Let me know...
>

> Nick

I can do all of those commands fine.  I even followed the suggestion of
another post where I did the "drop database mythconverg" command, then
ran thru the steps in that Wiki article you sent me.  All went well,
BUT, when I run mythtv-setup I'm getting the same "Host <ip> is not
allowed to connect to this MySQL server" error.

How can I completely remove all of the mysql stuff and get back to a
clean slate?

Thanks for the help,
Harry