[mythtv-users] Resolution on setup screens

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 18:58:09 UTC 2008

Gareth Glaccum wrote:
> What input are you using to the TV?
> I have a similar issue with a different TV (and LG), I am missing the left
> and right edges of the screen unless I underscan a lot. However, it differs
> depending on whether I use Input 3 which is SVideo , 2 or 1.
> I didn't see you mention what you were inputing, sorry if I missed it.
> Gareth

Well, I'm using the DVI out on my GeForce 7100 card and I'm using a
DVI->HDMI cable to one of the HDMI inputs to my TV.  In the meantime,
I've commented out the setting in my xorg.conf which allows this
connection (AllowGLXWithComposite) and went back to the VGA output going
to the PC Input on the TV.  It's better at least for now.

I did try running nvidia-settings as was suggested by J.D., but I
couldn't seem to find where the overscan settings were.  I was probably
not looking in the right spot, but it wasn't obvious to me.

Thanks,
Harry