[mythtv-users] Storage groups: how to set minimum free space for a drive

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 22 17:09:31 UTC 2008

On 03/22/2008 10:58 AM, Mike Smith wrote:
> Thanks for such a detailed response! I may distill that down and put
> it on the wiki, assuming you have no objections.

No objections (other than the future-looking stuff).  And, helping
document things is much appreciated.

> However, I'm still having the same problem. I turned off the deleted
> group as Brad suggested earlier in the thread, but it filled up again
> last night.
>
> It seems like it's just not autoexpiring anything from that drive.

That's usually caused by incorrect filesystem permissions (directory
and/or file--yeah, I know you don't need write permission to a file to
delete it if you have write permission to the directory, but if you have
slow deletes enabled, you "write to the file" for a long time before you
delete it).

> I'm starting to think storage groups are not my problem here ;)
>
> Here's a snip of the output from mythbackend --nosched -v file:
> 2008-03-22 10:52:51.471 AutoExpire: ExpireLiveTV(10000)
> 2008-03-22 10:52:51.472 AutoExpire: FillDBOrdered: Adding Short LiveTV
> programs in starttime order
> 2008-03-22 10:52:51.473 AutoExpire: SendDeleteMessages. Nothing to expire.

Need more logging (with -v file, as above) to find out what happens when
other (non-LiveTV) auto-expire runs occur.

Mike