[mythtv-users] Doing an actual scan of the channels

Ciro Iriarte cyruspy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 03:36:50 UTC 2008

2008/3/18, Robert Koblish <rkoblish at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > 2008/3/17, Robert Koblish <rkoblish at gmail.com>:
>  >
>  > >
>  >  > According to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_channel_frequencies>
>  >  >  all of Region 2 (the Americas) uses the same table of broadcast
>  >  >  channel assignments. Make sure also that you've selected the correct
>  >  >  broadcast standard; according to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC>
>  >  >  Paraguay is now using the NTSC-M standard/
>  >  >
>  >  >  HTH
>  >  >  Bob Koblish
>  >  >
>  >
>  >  Huh?, did we change?, where have I been?!....
>  >  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL states we're still PAL-N :p
>  >
>  >  I tried every frequency table with 0.20, i'll check again with 0.21 as
>  >  soon as I can...
>  >
>  >  Regards,
>  >
>  >
>  > Ciro
>

> Well, apparently the Wikipedia NTSC article is wrong. Other sources on
>  the Web say that Paraguay, Argentina, and Bolivia use PAL-N, a variant
>  of PAL that uses the Region 2 6-MHz-wide channel but with 3.58 MHz
>  color subcarrier. My bad for trusting Wikipedia.
>
>  Regards
>  Bob

Installed Vista to discard issues with the card and can only get 3
channels, probably an antenna issue, but one of them has pretty
acceptable quality. I get the same results with WinTV and choosing
PAL-N and Argentina for the frequency table. With try-all and PAL-N on
mythtv 0.21 this is what I get for the same channel (local Channel 9)

138 ---> No audio
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/202530/ch9.png.html
139 ---> Audio, but worse video
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/202529/ch9-audio.png.html

Same channel with WinTV:
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5889/wintvch9640zs7.jpg

Is there any way to take the frequency table from Vista Media Center or WinTV?

CI.-