[mythtv-users] Recorded Programs title filter question

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Mar 21 21:14:52 UTC 2008

* On Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 11:52:05AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >> http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/#NorepeatPBB

> > Hint, hint, Ron.  (I don't see a ticket # mentioned on your page.)

I thougtht the same thing when I looked at the page.

> yes, yes. SVN is begging for this feature. :)

Actually, I think if a patch is submitted, it should get rid of the
duplication in the view all the time.  As long as hitting 'Down' at
the bottom of the list takes you to the top item in the list and vice
versa for 'Up' at the top of the list, then I don't see a reason to
list items more than once on-screen.  Or as a compromise if some feel
strongly about seeing the top of the list at the bottom, then perhaps
this is an automatic setting determined by whether there are more items
than can be visibly displayed on screen.  If 7 items can fit on screen
and there are only 5, don't duplicate.  If 7 will fit on screen and
there are 20, then duplicate so the user can see what they'll be
scrolling to if hit 'Up' while on 'All Programs', etc..  Now that I
think about it a little more, I might prefer the second method of only
showing the wrap-around items if the whole list is too big to be
displayed at once.

--
Chris