[mythtv-users] Am I on crack

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 21 18:18:52 UTC 2008

On 03/21/2008 01:35 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>
>>> That being said, someone did write a patch a while back against 0.20
>>> that would allow you to watch LiveTV, exit out and have it continue
>>> record while you did other stuff, then when you entered LiveTV again,
>>> it brought you back to where you left off. I don't remember who did
>>> it
>>> and it seemed like a cool feature to have but it never made it into
>>> trunk. If you are looking to implement something like this, I would
>>> search for this patch and use it as a starting-off point.
>>>
>> I didn't know anyone had ever done that. That would be a handy
>> starting point, but I know I've searched before and never found any
>> hint that anybody had attempted it. Maybe knowing that something
>> actually does exist, I'll be able to find it (sometimes it seems to
>> help knowing you aren't just searching aimlessly for something thats
>> not there).
>>
> I did a quick search and didn't find it. I remember keeping the mail
> message about it for a while since I was tempted to patch my system
> with it (there were several patches that seemed at least moderately
> useful in the same post) but I probably got rid of it when it no
> longer applied cleanly. Maybe whomever wrote that will see this thread
> or someone else who remembers more about it will be able to point to
> an archived message with the patch.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Stanley Kamithi's LiveTV patches (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/217571#217571 ), most
(all?) of which have gone into Myth--if nothing else, into mythtv-vid
branch?  I think the patch there was kind of the "opposite" of what Ron
wants--i.e. go from watching recordings to menu, then back to the spot
in the recording you left (not LiveTV stuff).

BTW, another thing Stanley made was the Jump To Program thing (sorry,
haven't used it, don't understand it), and along with the LiveTV
jumppoint, it may be a useful way to switch from recording (or
being-recorded-LiveTV) to LiveTV "proper."  Never tried myself.  Just
mentioning features that exist... ;)  There may be a lot more features
that could be useful in achieving what you desire in all the other
LiveTV code he's added, too.

Mike