[mythtv-users] Am I on crack

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 21 18:08:07 UTC 2008

On 03/21/2008 12:30 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:53:02AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> *That* is what's imposing upon others how to use MythTV.  No one has
>> ever felt it was worth their time to write a patch that makes MythTV
>> work the way you want--presumably because they've already set up their
>> systems to record far more TV than they can ever watch, so they never
>> waste time watching the garbage that wasn't even interesting enough to
>> say, "record this for me at low priority."
> <look type="innocent">
> You don't watch everything you record?
> </look>

:)  I just deleted every single episode of 3 seasons of a show I never
started watching because I decided a) I can't see myself getting into
that show and b) I have way too much other (more interesting) stuff to
watch.

I'm really hoping that the networks start canceling some of the new
series from this year as I always set up my system to record every
episode of every new series--just in case--and delete any series that's
canceled or that friends (with similar TV tastes) say aren't worth
watching.  If, on the other hand, they tell me how great a show is, I'll
watch it--even if I don't think I'll like it--to find out if it is worth
watching.  At this point, I have a lot of TV that I would feel guilty
about deleting but that I don't think I'll ever be interested in
watching, so I'm hoping the networks will give me an excuse to delete it.

Mike