[mythtv-users] Option for best audio (with surround) with this motherboard

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:14:06 UTC 2008

On 21/03/2008, Scott Harris <mythtv at webhounds.net> wrote:

>  What are my best options for getting surround sound output?
>  There are a host of audio connectors on the back.  Should
>  I pick optical, coax, or try to run 4 different output wires
>  to the receiver?

I'm sure you'll get a variety of answers to this. Personally, I would
use either optical or coax SPDIF and let the receiver do the decoding
of any non-PCM digital audio you pass it, such as DD or DTS. It should
also allow you to play normal 2ch audio (from music/videos etc)
without requiring additional cables.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: