[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:13:31 UTC 2008

Just to take this thread in a completely different direction (this is the mythtv-anything-goes-list after all :o) ), has anyone here tried installing Debian Etch on their Xbox? I know a few people have, and I recently had someone from the xbox-linux mailing list email me their notes on how to do it (basically it's an XDSL 0.5 install, strip the packages down, alter sources list, upgrade to debian stable, upgrade to 2.6 kernel, upgrade graphics drivers, fix everything that's not working) but I've not tried it myself yet. I'm hoping to soon though and presumably any debian etch mythtv .deb files (eg. 0.21) would then install fine. At least that's my plan, and I'm hoping it's easier than compiling 0.21 myself and have the added benefit of allowing lirc to install mceusb2 module for my MCE remote :o) . If I ever get it done I'll add a walkthrough to the wiki, but if anyone else has any comments it'd be good to hear them first.

Christopher=================The Crimea / The Crockettshttp://www.inaudible.co.uk=================