[mythtv-users] Storage groups: how to set minimum free space for a drive

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 21 02:02:29 UTC 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Mike Smith wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Like many of us I'm sure, I jumped straight into Storage Groups in
> 0.21. Now I have all that free space on my root filesystem actually
> doing some good!
>
> But it seems to be doing a little too much good -- MythTV likes to
> fill up its own drive, and then (unsurprisingly) dies. How can I set
> a minimum free space level for just one storage group?
>
> I found the option in the TV Settings area of the front end, but
> that seems to be a global minimum, because I set it to 3 GB and my
> root drive just filled up again (taking with it my recording of
> Lost, for which I'll catch hell from SWMBO as soon as she realizes).
> There's plenty of space on my two other directories in that group.
>
> Is there some way to prevent this from happening again, or do I have
> some fundamental problem with my understanding of this new feature?

It shouldn't be doing that if you have programs that are allowed to
auto-expire - programs should be expiring before your drive fills up.
If you don't have stuff set to auto-expire then you're telling myth
that you'll take care of making sure there is enough room and myth
should just trust that you're doing that.