[mythtv-users] Partial lock on 0.21

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Thu Mar 20 22:27:44 UTC 2008

Rob Wise wrote:
> Since upgrading from 0.20.2 to 0.21 I am getting "Partial lock (LMs)"
> occurring about 15-20% of the time when recoding or changing channel
> in live tv.  Prior to the upgrade I never saw this problem.
>
> A couple of things I have noticed:
> - The problem is not specific to any channel or multiplex.
> - It occurs whether on not Multirec is enabled.
> - When using Multirec I can have one virtual tuner in a partial lock
> state but the other virtual tuner can tune in to the same channel at
> the same time with no problems.
>
> My tuner detects as:
>
> [  159.978805] bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:02:01.0, irq: 20,
> latency: 32, mmio: 0xe2100000
> [  159.978818] bttv0: detected: Twinhan VisionPlus DVB [card=113], PCI
> subsystem ID is 1822:0001
> [  159.978821] bttv0: using: Twinhan DST + clones [card=113,autodetected]
>
> I have some debugs which may be of use but they're too big to include here.
> Working recording: http://pastebin.com/f43a44e09
> Failed recording: http://pastebin.com/fc2357d3
>
> Has anybody else seen this or could offer suggestions on how to resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Did you change anything else on your system at the same time as
upgrading to 0.21, like the kernel? 'Partial lock' stuff, I think, comes
from the v4l-dvb drivers, not MythTV itself, so I would be surprised if
MythTV changed things. I could be wrong, though.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T