[mythtv-users] how do we get Australia channel icons in MythTVservice

Bonj mythtv at bigfathooker.com
Thu Mar 20 06:57:47 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2008 21:39:11 Anthony Giggins wrote:
>> If your in Australia you really should be using shepherd
>> http://svn.whuffy.com/index.fcgi/wiki/Installation
>> and if your using shepherd this can get the channel icons for you.
>
> I can't recommend Shepherd to highly, excellent quality listings and it makes
> the icons a doddle.
>
> Easy to install if you're running mythbuntu.

+1

I recently upgraded my hardware, and in the process switched from
MythDora 4, to Mythbuntu. Shepherd was so much easier to install on
Mythbuntu, not that it's terribly difficult in the first place. It
filled in most of the channel icons, but missed a couple (I can't
remember which ones), which were from duplicate channels. I think one of
them was ABC (channels 2 and 21 are identical, but one of the icons
wasn't filled in), so I just copied the entry in the database to the
other one, and all fixed.

-Bonj