[mythtv-users] Hulu.com

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 06:27:05 UTC 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>> I didn't realize that. What a tragedy. Maybe they're planning on
>> expanding. It just came out of Beta this month. I just thought it was
>> great that I could watch Airwolf! (among other oldies) and the 15 and
>> 30 second commercial interruptions really don't bother me
>
> Out of curiosity, how many/how frequent?

Well, when I was watching firefly, it appeared they used the same
commercial breaks that the network would have used, so on average
between 3 and 5, half of them were 15 seconds, the other half 30
seconds. one single commercial per break.

>>  (why can't
>> TV stations realize, if there was less than 2 minutes of commercials
>> to sit through, more people might be willing to sit through them) It
>> runs in flashplayer, so I don't know what that would take to code (my
>> coding skills=perl, php, vb, and a little javascript) and probably
>> wouldn't be able to. Maybe the mythweb plugin
>
> You mean MythBrowser?

Yea, that is what I meant. Heh. Wouldn't be of much use in mythweb, huh?

~Jon