[mythtv-users] How do playback profiles affect MythVideo?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 20 02:05:16 UTC 2008

On 03/19/2008 08:29 PM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> I'm guessing playback profiles are causing my crappy MythVideo
> performance (performance is a word I use very loosely here).  In 0.20,
> I had no problems playing any of my .avi files.  Since 0.21, I get
> skips in the video.  These are accompanied by:
>
> NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
>
> ad nauseum.

If you're using release version 0.21, upgrade to the latest 0.21-fixes.
There were quite a few audio-related fixes.  Also, there's likely to be
additional fixes added as more testing occurs.  Most likely the audio
issues you're seeing (if they are causing your performance issues) have
nothing to do with the playback profiles since they do not affect audio
processing.

> Do I need to set up a profile specifically for my MythVideo files?  I
> have no problem playing eithe SD or HD recorded programs.

No, but you must have MythVideo videos in mind when designing your
playback profile group.

Basically, choosing Slim is the equivalent of the 0.20 software rendered
output (no XvMC, no PVR-350 output).  Try that and see if it works
better.  If you lost your defaults, see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles#Default_profile_groups

Mike