[mythtv-users] Documenting Playback Profiles (was Re: Playback Profiles? WTF?!)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 20 01:48:53 UTC 2008

On 03/19/2008 08:46 PM, Jon wrote:
> Added.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles#Default_profiles

Thanks.  I didn't even know that page existed.  It seems it has been
there for basically as long as profile groups have been in trunk.  (I.e.
the criticism--intended as constructive criticism--below is not of the
work Jon did.)

It's definitely looking like a very good start at some docs for the
playback profiles.  I fixed some of the terminology throughout the page
and added mention of the 3 new profile groups and some "recommended
usage" tips.

I didn't add the new groups to the table, though.  I'm hoping someone
can can up with a more compact wiki presentation for the profile
groups.  As it is, the 3 take up a huge amount of space on the page, and
we need 3 more for the rest of the defaults, plus it might be nice for
users to be able to post their own recommended groups.

If someone comes up with a more compact format (horizontal?), then I'll
add the 3 new default groups.  Any wiki gurus who could help?

Thanks,
Mike