[mythtv-users] Problem with nVidia drivers on 0.21 upgrade

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:49:45 UTC 2008

> Nope, but when I try to do that, I get:
> "Error: Missing Dependency: nvidia-graphics-helpers is needed by package
> nvidia-graphics169.12".
> Trying to yum install that one gives me "No package
> nvidia-graphics-helpers available".

Now what?

As suggested, you definitely need the nvidia-graphics169.12 package.  I
believe the "libs" package get installed automatically when you do the
install through yum.  Sounds like there might be an issue with the repo;
perhaps Axel is doing some maintenance or something like that.  The
nvidia-graphics-helpers package was just updated a couple of days ago, and I
know there were a few minor issues with it related to blacklisting kernel
modules.  You may want to post over on the ATRPMS list; Axel and a few
others are usually pretty quick to respond and very helpful.  In the
meantime you could try downloading the 169.12 package, along with the
associated libs package, and doing a manual rpm install.  I know it is not
recommended, but you may have to use the --nodeps option to get them to
install.  I could be wrong, but I really don't think the missing
graphics-helpers package is a show-stopper.  Personally I'd just post on the
ATRPMS list and wait for the issue to be resolved, but if you are really in
a hurry to get going you can try the manual install.