[mythtv-users] "OT Crap"

Jason Spears shadestalker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:48:55 UTC 2008

Bah, replied privately by mistake the first time.  Sorry Meatwad. :)

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Meatwad
 <meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Brian Wood wrote:
 >  >
 >  > On Mar 19, 2008, at 4:36 AM, Meatwad wrote:
 >  >
 >  >>

>  The proposed mythtv-ot-l would be announced solely on the
 >  mythtv-users-l. It's use would be relegated to carrying on tengential
 >  discussions started at mythtv-users and deemed OT enough to carry on at
 >  mythtv-ot. Anyone who manages to just wander onto mythtv-ot will sink or
 >  swim but I don't foresee to many of those subs. Maybe I'm wrong.

 By the time something might be deemed "OT enough" it might already
 have been settled on-list.  I'm all for solving problems, but when the
 problem is one of perception things get a little dicey.  If someone
 shows that OT posts by volume are hindering use of the list, that's
 one thing, but we're talking about one person's (albeit the list
 owner's) comment here.  Is the community itself up in arms that there
 are a few discussions not directly related to mythtv?

 >  But I am certain that there should be an outlet for the immensely
 >  intelligent and articulate members of this most august -users list to
 >  share thoughts and opinions of things not directly related to mythttv.

 Absolutely, and no one should be forced to provide that outlet.  But
 aren't we really talking about a few fleas hitching a ride on a Great
 Dane here?

 Jason