[mythtv-users] Howto prevent MythTV flushing/Syncing disk writes (LiveTV/Recordings)

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:22:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca> wrote:
> If your disk writes are making other stuff choppy or pause, there are
>  some kernel tuning stuff that can help.

Tony, if you read the thread, you might have noticed that the first
post already mentioned that he is already adjusting VM dirty limits to
try to get the OS to do what he wants - it's not Linux controlling how
content is written to disk, it's MythTV (again, already covered in the
thread, I suggest you read it).

>  READ CAREFULLY. By reading this message you agree, on behalf of your
>  employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from
>  any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
>  shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
>  non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I
>  have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents
>  and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
>  privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to
>  release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.

I'm sorry, I don't agree with this, and neither does my employer. I do
think it's a completely useless signature, though. Please try to avoid
sending it to the list again.

Thanks!

-Dave