[mythtv-users] Just added 2nd tuner on Secondary backend but it shows as not connected or unavailable?

Gerry Freymann lists at interpool.ca
Wed Mar 19 16:42:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 12:24 -0400, John Drescher wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Gerry Freymann <lists at interpool.ca> wrote:
> >
> >  Hello!
> >
> >  My second Hauppage PVR-150-MCE TV Tuner card just arrived and I was anxious
> > to get it installed in the upstairs frontend/secondary backend so we'd have
> > access to the dish in that location (in addition to the tuner card in the
> > downstairs frontend/master backend).
> >
> >  After rebooting, I went into Myth Setup and went to capture cards, new
> > capture card and switched it to MPEG-2 Encoder card. The video device field
> > was already filled in, it detected the card ok.
> >
> >  For Video Sources... they were already defined.
> >
> >  On Input connections, I pointed the antenna source to the antenna input,
> > and the Dish source to SVideo-1 input.
> >
> >  Seemed easy enough.
> >
> >  Now when I go to the System status screen via the web page I see:
> >
> >  Encoder status
> >  Encoder 1 is local on mythtv and is not recording.
> >  Encoder 2 is remote on living-room (currently not connected).
> >
> >  What's the trick to get it 'connected' and useable?
> >
> Is mythbackend running on the second box?

 Yes. Here's the output of my ps aux |grep backend command

freymann at living-room:~$ ps aux |grep backend
root      4844  0.0  0.0   3084   812 ?        Ss   11:22
0:00 /usr/bin/system-tools-backends
mythtv    6082  0.0  1.8 175928 19388 ?        Ssl  12:05
0:01 /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon
--logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
--pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid