[mythtv-users] Playback Profiles? WTF?!

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 19 11:21:11 UTC 2008

Thanks Mike,
I had found those items that you linked and they furthered my
understanding of the settings but even setting the Slim profile did not
help. I really had to just sit down and muddle it out.

I have gotten pretty close to previous (0.20) performance with the
exception of the OSD. I am using "Standard XvMC" and "xmvc-blit" and
"chromakey" with "Bob(2x)" and "One field"
I have enough CPU, P4 3GHz; and I have 2GB of RAM but I only have a 64MB
4 series nVidia card. I think this is why OpenGL isn't helping and it
could be why I am getting the greyscale OSD.

I have a 256MB nVidia card to test but it won't fit in the case so it
would be merely academic. I also have a 128MB ATI card that would fit
but that I cannot get to run at 1920x1080.

With the settings that I have chosen the grey OSD isn't the only
problem. I also get lag whenever the OSD is on the screen... even with
Standard Def. With 0.20 I this lag with HDTV but not SDTV and the OSD
was in colour. The other problem I am getting is the failure to view
live TV. I get the message "failed to reinit video" and then it exits. I
think I can view SD ok but as far as I can tell HD is out. Funny thing
is that after the backend server has recorded it I can view HD with only
OSD problems.

I am in the process of tracking down the reinit problem and so far have
not gotten anywhere.

I shall keep you all posted