[mythtv-users] OT - Arthur C. Clarke

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 03:04:57 UTC 2008

On March 18, 2008 10:41:20 pm Robin Gilks wrote:
> > Yes I know it's OT, but I think it will be of interest to most if not
> > all the readers here.
> >
> > Arthur C. Clarke has passed away.
> >
> > I think I'll watch 2001 (via MythTV) tonight.
>
> Its at least 42 years since I first read "The City and the Stars" - I'll
> have to scan the bookshelf at home and have another read (I'm sure I've
> still got a copy, I have most everything else he wrote).

Not sure how many years it has been since I read "The City and the Stars",
and "Against the Fall of Night" (the former being a massive re-write of the
latter).

Any event, since I don't have any movies based on Arthur C. Clarke books
recorded on my MythTV box I am turning to genuine print on paper technology
from the BM (Before MythTV :-) ) era to remember Mr. Clarke. I have retrieved
copies of both "Against the Fall of Night" and "The City and the Stars" from
my home library to act as bedtime reading for the next little bit...

Colin McGregor