[mythtv-users] Howto prevent MythTV flushing/Syncing disk writes (LiveTV/Recordings)

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Tue Mar 18 21:47:25 UTC 2008

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Albert Graham wrote:
>

>> I think when people setup MythTV backend they'd rather use modern
>> powerful hardware (as best they can afford).
>>

> Speak for yourself : I would rather use whatever I can scrounge up for free
> that will do the job. :-)
>
> And I did.

Christopher,

You're clearly a resourceful man :), but I know what you mean, I have
about 40 CDROM drives, 100's of old hard drives, tons of multi-function
cards, millions of network cards etc.., but then you change your
motherboard or something and they're all useless, but that's progress
for you.

I think MythTV is one of the very best apps out there and well worth
investing in good hardware - which hopefully will last a few years
before it's on the scrap heap.

Albert.