[mythtv-users] [re-post] Preview Images all blank in MythTV v0.21

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 18 16:48:57 UTC 2008

On 03/18/2008 10:54 AM, Albert Graham wrote:
> Doug Larrick wrote:
>
>> Albert Graham wrote:
>>
>>> Now all my preview images in mythweb are blank - but not black, they
>>> vary in color but are usually dark or pastel, so for example, first
>>> preview of a recording is pale grey, next is pale brown, pale green etc..
>> This may not be related (I can't see your example pic due to some sort
>> of DNS problem; probably my ISP), but I had a similar issue -- all my
>> MythWeb preview images were black.  I resolved this problem to a stray
>> .htaccess file in the mythweb/data/ directory that was screwing up URL
>> rewrites.  Due to either an old configuration error on my part or
>> something wrong with the Debian packages, this file wound up being a
>> copy of the main .htaccess file, rather than the one that comes from SVN.
> I don't use .htaccess on my local LAN (not sure if one even comes with
> myth 0.21 anymor).
>
> This is not related to access control as I can view the .png files in a
> viewer and they are blank as described.
>
> I, pretty sure its a bug, are these images working for anyone else ?

He's saying your MythWeb directories likely have stuff in them that
shouldn't be there--perhaps because it was there in 0.20 and was
supposed to be (but couldn't be) removed (i.e. because you had modified
it).  In other words, removing MythWeb, then removing all the
directories (and contents) left after removal, then reinstalling may fix it.

Mike