[mythtv-users] Archos Video Formats ?????

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Mar 18 14:17:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>  My coworker has one too..I'll ask him again tomorrow, but as far as I recall,
>  his only real complaints were minor things

Just talked to him. Apparently my original conversation was when he
only had it a couple of  days. His other complaints (he had the 605
model)
1) He was having trouble with the system locking up every now and
then.When it would go to sleep automatically, it sometimes wouldn't
want to wake up and he had to hold down the power button several
seconds until it forced a reboot.
2) It only came with a USB charger (AC adapter costs extra), and it
took forever to charge via USB (over 8 hours).
3) The user interface was bit lacking in some areas. His model had
wifi, and he said it could connect to a samba share, which was really
cool, but that the mechanism for copying files over the samba share
was a bit primitive and inconvenient. There were other things about
the UI, but that was one example he elaborated on.

In the end, he returned it because he didn't feel it was a good value
for the price. He said if it were considerably cheaper, he'd actually
consider rebuying it, so it wasn't all bad.

--
Ron