[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.21, video "stutters"

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Mar 18 11:06:30 UTC 2008

I upgraded from 0.20.2, that was working just fine, to 0.21. Now, randomly,
the video appears to "stutter". The best description I can come up with is
that randomly, the next frame is rendered out of position horizontally, by
16 or 32 pixels. The following frame is rendered in the right place. This
happens frequently, but randomly and without any apparent pattern. Also,
more randomly, a frame appears to be drawn offseted vertically by one scan
line.

I'm running X on a PVR-350's framebuffer (using the ivtv X driver). Should I
try switching to a VGA monitor? But, video from 0.20.2 was ok.